Sunday, December 11, 2016

2 Lava 2 Lantula Movie Review 435





2 Lava 2 Lantula is a 2016 action/comedy movie directed by Nick Simon and starring Steve Guttenberg, Michael Winslow, Martin Kove and Marion Ramsay.


So, if you have watched Lavalantula, then you will know the premise and you will understand that this movie will be tongue in cheek. The story is pretty thin here. Colton West(Guttenberg) is back and he is making a movie when surprise, surprise, the Lavalantuas are back! Colton's stepdaughter, Raya is on spring break in Florida and the Lavalantulas happen to be there! So, Colton has to go and save her from the hot spiders. He takes his pals Marty(Winslow) and Teddy(Ramsay) with him and another guy called Kyle. Marty has come up with a great weapon designed to kill the spiders by freezing them.


Raya is trying to escape too with the help of her friend and some other people that she meets along the way. The spiders are everywhere. Meanwhile, Colton and his pals meet a guy called Alligator Dundee(yes it is a homage) and he helps them until he gets killed by the spiders. So, what happens is Colton reaches Florida and he gets in contact with Colonel Jester(Kove) who plays his part well. Of course, there is a reference to 'sweep the leg' (Karate Kid)which made me smile. The movie gets even funnier when they realise that there is a leader of the spiders and it is a Gargantulantula!!! They have to work together to defeat this Goliath of a spider.


This is silly, but great fun all the same. I loved the first one as it was just pure escapism and comedy. I hate spiders, but this isn't too bad as the spiders are pretty tame. It is entertaining and hilarious with some cameos from Guttenberg's Police Academy pals and some from Cocoon too. I recommend this and I really think that you will like it if you are looking for something funny, silly and inoffensive.  I will give it a 7/10.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I grew up watching Steve Gutenberg in the police academy movies and have loved a lot of the B rated action comedies he's been in. His first spider movie was a lot of fun and I think I'd enjoy this one too.

My only problem with Gutenberg is every time I see him I think of "The Day After". All these years later I can't shake the sound of John Lithgow's voice at the end on the radio. "Is anybody out there, anyone at all......"

Amanda said...

I have to admit that I was a fan of his too when I was young and it is great to see him in movies again.These films are good fun and I like not having to think about plot etc.I haven't heard of The Day After.I looked it up on IMDB and there is a good cast so I must have a look at it!If you want to laugh, then this movie is perfect!

Anonymous said...

The day after is pretty disturbing. No happy ending there.

Amanda said...

I am well used to that.I will give it a try if I can find it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin