Friday, March 11, 2016

Amanda's Horror Years- 1982




1982 was a great year for horror movies and movies in general. I could list all of the movies from this year, but I will just concentrate on the best ones or the good ones. Let me see, I think that I will start with some of my favourite films from the year. 


Firstly, Poltergeist. This movie is directed by Tobe Hooper who has made some fine movies over the years. I love this film as it is creepy and well written(Spielberg co wrote this). I really enjoy it and it is definitely a classic. There is no point going into the plot because you should have seen this movie! Next,Creepshow. I enjoyed this movie penned by Stephen King and directed by horror maestro George A. Romero. It is in the vein of The Twilight Zone. It is a classic combination of old fashioned story telling with modern creepiness. The Thing was directed by John Carpenter and starred Kurt Russell. This is a very good horror with some great scenes.A low budget horror movie called Basket Case was released in this year. It is a cult classic by now and it was a weird kind of movie about a guy who carries his deformed twin brother in a basket. His brother is violent and this movie is too. It is good fun though.


More great movies released in this year were Slumber Party Massacre, the classic Dario Argento movie(and a favourite of mine) Tenebrae, Unhinged,The New York Ripper, The Last Horror Film, Pieces(review of that here), Madman, The Dorm that Dripped Blood, The Slayer,Superstition,Alone in the Dark.Wow, this was some year for the horror genre. Death Screams, Honeymoon Horror, Visiting Hours, The Beast Within and The Entity are just some more names for you. I have to say that most of these are decent movies that you should watch if you get a chance. There were a couple of creature features this year, namely Swamp Thing by Wes Craven, Parasite, Cat People and Deadly Eyes a.k.a The Rats.


Lastly, but not least are the sequels that arrived. There were not many but they were good, especially Amityville 2:The Possession. I liked this movie. Of course it is not as good as the original, but I think that it is a good solid sequel. Halloween 3: Season of the Witch was not bad as sequels go. Friday the 13th, Part 3 I enjoyed. It was a by the numbers horror movie, but it kept me entertained.So, that is all in my synopsis of this year,. Yes, I have left out movies, but I included the movies that I liked. If you have any more that you think of, let me know!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good list, but missed a good one! SWAMP THING!

Amanda said...

It's in there!!Not a favourite of mine, but I did give it a mention!Thanks for the feedback!

Anonymous said...

Oops, there it is. I knew you couldn't have missed it, but my aging eyesight certainly did.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin