Friday, August 1, 2014

Don't Go In The Woods Movie Review 335






Don't Go In The Woods is a 2010 horror movie directed by actor Vincent D'Onofrio. It is written by him also.


This movie stars unknowns in it so there are no stars here. It is a low budget affair. The story can be summed up pretty easily. A band go into the woods to get some peace and quiet to record some songs. The leader, Nick wants them to have complete isolation from the outside world and he smashes their phones. They wander off into the woods and set up camp. Of course, there is a killer waiting in the woods to kill everyone. The movie is like a music video with bits of horror thrown in which is probably what the director wanted to do, I'm not sure. I like Vincent D'Onofrio as an actor so I was interested in seeing this film, but it just wasn't very good. I suppose it could be seen as a comedy horror, but I just thought that it wasn't even funny.


The acting isn't good, which is OK because it IS a horror movie and the actors are all amateurs, so we will forgive that. There are WAY too many songs in this and there is not enough horror for me. Every two seconds they were breaking into song and jamming by the fire. It just didn't have enough to keep me interested and I just had to press fast forward until the end. This is like a long music video and it is bizarre. I couldn't sit through the whole movie so by the time I had forwarded the parts I didn't like, there was only a few minutes of movie left. Be warned, this isn't good. There were a few okay moments of horror, but they were far and few between. Just don't go into this movie if you are expecting a normal horror. This is a lot of singing with some horror scenes thrown in. It just seemed strange to me and I didn't like it. I give this a 2/10.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin