Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Best Stephen King Adaptations Part 1


As you already know, I am a huge Stephen King fan and I have read most of his books. I love horror movies too, so the two together are just great for me! So, I am going to go through my favourite Stephen King adaptations and maybe you can tell me your favourites. There are so many that I have broken them into two parts and of course, there are some I didn't like and I will put on a post about that too. For the moment, I will start at the beginning...

The first Stephen King penned movie was Carrie(1976) and I didn't love this movie, but it is a classic by now. Next we have Salem's Lot(1979) which starred Davis Soul which wasn't too bad. There were some creepy scenes in it. Next came The Shining(1980) which is a favourite of mine with a great performance by Jack Nicholson. Creepshow(1982) included some stories by Stephen King plus a cameo by him! Cujo(1983) is another fave of mine and it involves a rabid St Bernard dog..The Dead Zone(1983) had a good performance from Christopher Walken. A solid favourite of mine is John Carpenter's Christine(1983). The book was brilliant and the movie is brilliant too. There is something spooky about a car with a mind of its own...

That was followed by the nightmarish Children of the Corn(1984) with Linda Hamilton.Don't mess with those kids!!!Firestarter(1984) followed and it starred a young Drew Barrymore. Cats Eye(1985) wasn't one of my favourites, but it wasn't bad either. Silver Bullet(1985) stars a young Corey Haim and it is a real treat for any horror fan.. I really like that movie. Maximum Overdrive(1986) came out after that and, although it wasn't a smash hit, I always liked it and I still do. Stand By Me(1986) starred a very young River Phoenix, Wil Wheaton, Jerry O Connell and Corey Feldman and it was a bittersweet tale of friendship and a search for a dead body. It is a real classic.. Creepshow 2(1987) followed that.The Running Man(1987) starred Arnold Scwarzenegger and it was a sci-fi movie. Pet Sematary(1989) was about a graveyard for pets but it was not just an ordinary one... The pets seemed to come back to life, but they are not the same when they return..


Well, thats the first part of my list of Stephen King Adaptations. Let me know your faves from the list and I will do the second half soon....

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin