Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Best Demons/Possession Horror Movies..




I am going to discuss the best movies about demons or demonic possession. You know the kind I mean...There are a lot of them, but I will pick out some and if you have any ideas about other ones I might have missed or if you just want to tell me your personal faves, then leave a comment..

Of course, the first movie I am going to mention is the great Evil Dead and its sequel, Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness which I reviewed.. These movies were funny and scary and there hasn't been anything like them since. Next on my list is Demons and its sequels which was full of gory scenes and scares. They are good movies, though and they are very entertaining.Next is one of the most famous possession/demon movies, The Exorcist. It is a real treat for horror fans and there is no way that it could be omitted from the best horror movies of all time. What more can I say about this creepy horror movie which sets the standard for these types of horror movies?

Next on my list is The Exorcism of Emily Rose. This was a decent movie and it had some scary moments too. It is about a young girl who is possessed by a demon..The Gate is another devil/demon movie and I have reviewed it here. Witchboard is another movie about a young woman who becomes possessed by an evil spirit through a Ouija board. Fallen deals with a dead serial killer who possesses the bodies of people to get revenge. Christine is about a car which is possessed and it begins to possess its owner too. Maximum Overdrive is about trucks which are possessed by evil spirits(?) or have a mind of their own!976- EVIL is about a young guy who gets possessed by an evil spirit over the phone!

So, those are a few movies which feature demons or demonic possession. If you can think of any more, let me know.

3 comments:

Watch Movies Online said...

There are lot of hooror movies. One of my favourite one is "The Exorhist" . It is scariest movie forever. I highly recommend watching the revamped version of The Exorcist during a midnight showing in a theatre with a good sound system.

Anonymous said...

Good list you mentioned, and I liked the movie "Possession".

Amanda said...

I can't believe that I forgot that one. Thanks for reminding me...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin